Monday, April 5, 2010

036 - New Who

Three very good friends of mine told me I had to watch the new Doctor Who, and then to report back to them.

See, I've always had a soft spot for David Tennant in everything he's done, and for the most part it was all for him that I wanted to watch the last generation Doctor. So when people started talking about a new Doctor I was mildly curious but wasn't pushed to watch. Then I was ordered to by other sceptics. I could hardly say no, could I?

And I'm glad I didn't. Say no, that is. I mean, I watched it!

I was hoping he would be cute, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one hoping he was going to be at least attractive. He isn't. Not by a long shot. Here's the thing though - I like him anyway. (Shallow? Nay!) He's not too far removed from D.T.'s version of the Doctor that it bored me, but he wasn't a direct copy of him either, which is what I was afraid of. Naturally, he has to grow into the part and everyone has to get used to him, but I think he's going to be great! And I actually want to keep watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment