Friday, July 2, 2010

124 - Boyfriend Cardigan

I just don't fit. I have no set genre or style I can be classified under when it comes to my usual apparel. Today I wore my black jeans, black suede boots, white 'vintage' Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles t-shirt, and a navy boyfriend cardigan. What the hell, guys? I look like I got lost in Oxfam!

Actually, while we're on the subject, why are they called boyfriend cardigans? They kind of look like cardigans I see some guys wear, and the guys that do wear them seem like the sort to have their own boyfriends rather than girlfriends. I would be worried if my boyfriend wore one of them.

Wait... did I just figure it out?

*thinks*

Nope.

Stupid name aside, boyfriend cardigans are the best things ever, so if any GIRLS out there read this and have never worn them for fear of being a fashion monkey, swallow your misplaced pride and buy one. Or, do what I did and buy seven. I have two great ones (one regular length and one long), two black ones (same; regular and long), a long navy one, a regular length cobalt blue one, and a green and cream striped one that my actual boyfriend told me I shouldn't wear because it has horizontal stripes. Put me in my place.

Anyone that says they're too thin/light to wear, remember you can layer them. And they come with the added bonus of never having to struggle pulling a jumper or sweater over your head, elbowing the poor bugger sitting beside you and throwing your glasses half way across the room.

Don't deny it. We've all been there.

No comments:

Post a Comment