Tuesday, July 20, 2010

142 - Table Quiz!

Oh I am such a party animal. In fact, my whole family is so collectively exciting that firstly we went to donate blood yesterday evening, and then went to a table quiz in the local pub.

You're know you're jealous.

We came first in the quiz. It might sound obnoxious, but we usually come first or second any time a quiz night is hosted locally. I honestly think it was just pot luck at the very beginning. See, our ream usually consists of my sister and I, plus our dad and a family friend called Michael. It wasn't planned like this, but this is how it happened and we roll with the success. We all have our share of general knowledge but Michael is very knowledgeable in areas such as geography, history, Irish history and lore, and pop culture from about the 70's and earlier. Dad is good with sports, things from the 70's and 80's, some TV shows, regulations and some laws. My sister and I have the kids genre, movies, and visual and word puzzles down to a fine art. There aren't many usual pub quiz topics that come up that at least one of us has an educated clue of.

Most other teams have a bunch of people that know a lot about the same subject but not much about others. As in, they're all one type of person, while we're all very different. It works! It's like University Challenge; build your team wisely to cover most subjects and you're likely to prevail.

And yes, there have been Harry Potter questions in the past. And we have nailed them. Naturally.


Actually, I remember when one Harry Potter question came up and an old school friend of mine came to me and asked what the answer was.

No comments:

Post a Comment