Sunday, July 4, 2010

126 - Sakura (Lush Review)


Sakura is the Japanese word for cherry blossom. Are you surprised I've picked this up?

For those of you that don't know, cherry blossom is my favourite scent in the world. Plus, it's very pretty!

Lush make a bath ballistic called Sakura, too, and if you like it - and I don't know why you wouldn't - you should give this a try. I will say now that as with all of Lush's solid perfumes, Sakura smells differently on different people. This happens when the body's natural oils mix with the oils and butters in the perfume and subtly changes the fragrance. It should also be noted that a person's 'scent' can change over time, especially if the person moves to a different environment.

What I mean is, when I lived in London and my skin was assaulted with pollution and grime 24/7, Sakura smelled really bad on my skin. American Cream and Champagne Snow Showers were better behaved. Now that I'm living in a much kinder environment my skin behaves differently, and so Sakura smells very nice.

Now, if you're thinking you don't want to smell all floral like an old lady, then reread what I just said, and also keep in mind that Sakura doesn't just smell like cherry blossom. In the tin it smells quite musky and sensual, almost mysterious, if a smell can be called mysterious. It doesn't smell "like" anything else. It barely even reflects the scent of the bath ballistic. It's as thought Lush took three or four familiar, identifiable scents and put them all together and my some miracle they worked out.

Out of the pot it becomes more subtle and, while I can't tell you what it would smell like on your skin, I can tell you that when I'm wearing it I can't stop smelling myself. I'll make the excuse of scratching my head just so I can sniff my wrist.

2 comments:

  1. on the skin, it smells a lot like the bath bomb (on me, anyways). <3 sakura

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's handy! :) They always smell a bit different every batch anyway, you know?

    ReplyDelete