Sunday, July 25, 2010

147 - Remember Me (Review)

I don't like Robert Pattinson. For that reason I didn't see this movie when it was out in the cinema, despite it appealing to my girl-hormones with it's promise of being a really good love story.

It was released on DVD this week and I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised.

I can't tell you much about the story of it because it will spoil it, and I would recommend not going into reviews elsewhere in case they ruin the ending, because it would be very easy to do. If you haven't seen it and don't know what it's about, just watch it. Don't read up on it. Just watch it. Oh, and have a packet of tissues with you too. It's a heart-breaker.

What I can tell you is that it's about a guy called Tyler... or Taylor... or... we'll call him Tyler. He's a troubled fellow after losing someone close to him. He ends up getting arrested early in the movie and to get back at the police dude he decides to woo his daughter. And then he falls for her. I know it sounds like a dozen other things out there, and it seems very predictable, but the characters in this movie are so multi-dimensional that it really does stand out by itself.

It is very heartbreaking and - if you haven't read other reviews or developed an annoying ability to predict movie plot lines - it could be shocking too. My jaw hit the floor before I started wailing.

OK, so maybe not wailing, but there was a stack of use tissues beside me when the credits started to roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment