Friday, July 9, 2010

131 - Watch Out!

I apologise for the pun. I couldn't help it.

I go through watches like worn out knickers. Not by choice, mind! I just tend to lose them or leave them behind when I'm away from home or simply just forget to put one on. Generally I prefer my wrists to be free of restraints (teehee...) which unfortunately includes watches that hug the skin. As such, I usually wear them loose, which means they usually get smashes up or scratched quite easily.

Ages ago my sister bought herself a locket type necklace which when opened showed a watch face. How perfect is that? No more asking what the time is, no more tight band around the wrist. The problem was then that I could never find anywhere that sold them. I resigned to having to make one, but when I went to but the watch face from a craft shop, they had none left. I was thoroughly disappointed.

This week I went shopping with my sister and her friend. Almost every shop we went in to had some sort of watch necklace! So yes, I bought two. One is like an old style, tarnished pocket watch on a necklace chain (pictured above). the other is a white metal owl which you have to squeeze it's ears to open the wings to show the clock face. Both are excellent.

I think I have found my new favourite thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment