Tuesday, June 1, 2010

093 - What Did You Say About My Friend?!?!?

I have weird friends. Or to be more specific, their friendships with me are strange, from the way we behave to what we would consider acceptable that most other people wouldn't.

I have Sunshine, Tiny, the Welsh One, the Cat-Lover, and before he was my boyfriend we were really good friends so The Boyfriend gets counted too. Things that are pretty standard with all/most of these friends include:

Cuddling in bed or under a duvet.
Holding hands (more specifically, playing with fingers, as I tend to do without thinking).
Sitting on laps.
Linking arms.
Head--shoulder resting.
Head--boob resting (and they're not subtle about it either).
(Also, let me point out here that not all of the friends listed are male).
Sleeping with (in the same bed, get your mind out of the gutter!).
Saying "I love you!" whether in text, on the phone, in person or yelled across the street.
Using terms like "hun", "darlin", "gorgeous", etc. in greeting and conversation.
Blowing kisses to.

Basically, they're like lovers/husbands/wives without the kissing and business time.

I also have one friend, C-Doll, who I have known for several years but have yet to meet, that probably knows me better than I know myself. And when we do finally meet (hopefully soon... hint hint), the world may implode with excitement/relief/happiness/love/awkwardness. But I know we will fall into all/some of the habits above too, so deserves a mention.

I can also count my sister into the above activities too, which may or may not be even weirder, but there you go. I'm pretty sure she's the same with her friends too, though.

So I was wondering if those friends (some of whom do read this blog and I hope they can tell they are mentioned despite the lack of name) are the same with their other friends, or if it's just me and my slightly strange attraction to cuddles and affection that they just don't fight off. Or... you know... if any of you don't like it now is the time to say so...

Also, I'd like to point out that I behave like that whether I have a boyfriend or not. Is that bad?

3 comments:

  1. nope, you're pretty much it. I might behave that way while drunk with a COUPLE of other friends... but the casual touches and what not are strictly with you.

    Some others are huggie sorts, and MIGHT be the "love you" types... but it's not really the same...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mims, nice, you get affectionate with other people when you're drunk, but I get bitten. :P It was actually your kissie face that made me add the 'blowing kisses' point. Oh, number of people that thought we were/are lovers: 5. We could totally fuck with them and tell them we kinda were. Buahahah
    I miss you. :(

    Tiny, I was about to tell you where to go, because I read the 'just you' thing as a 'it's just you, you weirdo'. Oops. <3

    So, would either of you want me to stop, or rather, us to stop? That's the big question.

    ReplyDelete