Monday, June 14, 2010

106 - Buffy (Lush Review)


I bought a box from Lush for €12.50 called the All-Inclusive Package [clicky!]. It really is fantastic value and is only "while stocks last"... which is a bit silly because you can buy all the items separately anyway. The Buffy body butter and Glorious Mud scrub together should cost more than €12.50, and then they go and throw in little tins of Fair Trade Foot Lotion and Ultralight moisturiser and A Token To The Forest Gods sauna tab AND a Stepping Stone foot scrub. Phew! You get about €18 worth of stuff for a lot less money. So even that is reason enough to buy it! I haven't used anything other than Buffy so far, though, so that's what I'll review.

Buffy was around when I first started buying Lush. It was then called Buffy The Backside Slayer, which is why it stuck in my head from the start. They had to change the name for some reason, probably because it offended someone at some point. Anyway, it's taken me this long to try it.

I wish I tried it sooner!

I love my moisturisers. My skin is really dry and I would have a shower in oil if I could. Actually, I remember when I used to bath in water mixed with baby oil. Hey, it worked!

What I don't love about moisturisers is having to get totally dry after a shower and then having to get all damp again waiting for the stuff to sink into my skin. I'm impatient and don't like being naked, contrary to what you might have heard. (That's a joke, guys.)

So you have your shower, and turn off the water. Then rub yourself all over with the bar of Buffy. It'll feel greasy and grainy at the same time, but that's the best part! The little pieces of rice, almonds and beans exfoliate as you scrub and the cocoa and shea butters get into the pores straight away to instantly moisturise. When you're all scrubbed up - and they tell you to give your butt an extra scrubbing because apparently it helps with all your lumps and bumps we call cellulite, hence the old name - rinse off the little grains, remembering all the nooks and crannies that might collect them. Pat yourself dry and voila! Super soft and yummy smelling skin that you don't have to moisturise. And for those lazy at heart - like myself - even drying yourself afterwards is faster, because the butters make the shower water sit on your skin like raindrops on wax paper. Yes, it is strange to watch. Yes, I stood in the shower watching water freak the hell out on my skin. You will too.

Oh, and there's no need to moisturise afterwards. That's the whole point! It's super softening, extra moisturising, little bit lazy. What's not to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment