Sunday, June 20, 2010

112 - Good Old School Days

I miss board games.

In fact, I haven't typed 'board games' in so long that it just took me three attempts to spell it right.

I spent three hours learning and playing a board game this evening. A real one. With dice and counters and everything! It was so much fun and it got me thinking about the last board game I played. I believe the last one was Disney Trivia on Christmas Day with my sister and my cousin.

We were only playing because out cousin wanted to, of course. Yup...

Before that - and not counting TCGs (that's trading card games for those non-nerds, or those too cool to admit to knowing what TCG stands for) or chess or anything electronic - it was probably about ten years ago.

Oh, no, wait... does Harry Potter Scene It count? If it does this blog is pretty much void.

Alright, apart from Disney Trivia and Harry Potter Scene It and various TCGs, it's been a long while! I just miss the kind of fun we had when we were kids, lying belly-down on the living room floor at a cousin's or a friend's, playing The Game Of Life or Cluedo. It's made me want to start something like a weekly/fortnightly/monthly old school games night. Hmm...

4 comments:

  1. For anyone wondering what game, it's settlers of catan, which I've been playing for years and got absolutly trounced twice by a newbie >_<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah but you were helping me as I learned. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just remember that disney trivia game from when we turned it into a "guess which character you are" with the cards stuck to our foreheads... haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww that was FUN! God we had about a dozen people playing that

    ReplyDelete