Saturday, June 19, 2010

111 - Picnic In The Park

The plan was to get loads of food and sit in the park in the sunshine with the boyfriend and a new friend (or an old friend, depending on who you asked)(Hi Nomi!).

We had the food. We had the perfect, quiet little park away from the crazy-busy tourist trap that most people go to. We had the sunshine.

And then before we could eat we were kicked out of the park by a short guy with a big bell. And he wouldn't stop ringing it! Oh, and we were pooped on. Maybe. If it was poop the bird exploded or had a bad case of the squirts. Otherwise it could have been some kid over the hedge that sprayed watered-down paint or flour and water. The jury is still out on that one.

We relocated to another park where everyone except me sat in gum and I discovered I'm not the only one who really appreciates a good pair of designer (ahem), quality sunglasses. We did, however, eat our way through six different flavours of crisps (bratwurst sausage is my favourite, and we were left wondering if BBQ kangaroo actually tastes like what we were tasting).

Also, vuvuzelas are really frickin loud! When the players are complaining they really have reason to!

The moral of the Saturday is, you can have picnic without much eating and plenty of bad luck and still have a really great time. Again, again! Though without the poop and gum next time, maybe.

2 comments:

  1. :) I knew it would happen when I walked away from you guys my lens fell out and fell on the ground and I looked quite the fool! :P Awesome day though lovlies!!

    ReplyDelete