Saturday, June 12, 2010

104 - Shift The Blame

Recently I reviewed a book by Garth Nix.

Garth Nix needs to shoot his editor.

I forgot to mention that while his stories are fantastic and imaginative they are prone to typos, misspellings and even the occasional name change. My sister tells me in one book he switches from "Sylvie" to "Sylvia" and back again several times, for example, and I spotted "Witha..." instead of "With a..."

Has no one pointed out all of the mistakes to them yet? That is the editor's job, after all. The editor is there to comb out the kinks and tangles before going to print.

So you have been warned. If you don't usually pick up on small things like that while reading you might not even notice, but it it really drives you insane, don't read Garth Nix. Or just get used to it for the sake of his great stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment