Saturday, May 8, 2010

069 - Pandora

You've heard of the Pandora jewellery, right? If not, I'll explain in a second.

Everywhere I go I've been seeing Pandora bracelets. A few months ago I came across them once in a blue moon, and now they're everywhere. They even have cheaper versions that are "Pandora-like" but not actually Pandora.

Pandora make charm bracelets. They make other jewellery but their charm bracelets are what they're most noted for. I've always thought that while they were extortionately expensive they are very pretty. So I thought I'd take a look at the website.

You can buy bracelets full of charms already if you want to - though I don't know why you would - like this one, for GBP£860. Yes, most of that is glass and silver...

Why I like Pandora stuff is because they have every kind of charm imaginable. They have glass ones and enamel ones in any colour and pattern you could want. There are themed ones too.
The one on the left, for example, is a silver bunch of flowers with 'Love' on a gold label. How adorable?! That one's £35. And it serves perfectly for what I'm getting at. There is also a little silver suitcase which is so cute! And various animals, toys, etc.

The bracelet without the beads can cost between £35 and £250 depending of what you want it made of (they do leather chord right the way up to 14k gold).

What I'm trying to say is, guys, (namely, one little brother of mine who might be stuck for romantic ideas in the near future and I'll forget about this kind of thing when/if he asks) for not too much money (unless you're broke, in which case never mind, but in case you wanted to do something nice) you can get a girl a bunch of roses (that would die in a week or two) a box of chocolates (that once you leave her alone will last about thirty seconds) and a teddy... which is awesome anyway...

OR, you can buy her something like a charm bracelet, just the bracelet with one or two charms. You'd be buying something more romantic that would last, and giving her the beginnings of a tradition. You could buy her a new charm for any special occasion... graduation, engagement, special birthday, marriage, kids, travelling... Hell, how awesome would one of these be instead of a promise ring? (That's what all the kids are doing these days, right?)

Just, make sure she's the right girl. Otherwise it'd be kinda sucky.

Alright, alright, all I've managed to do is convince myself that this sort of idea would be great as a sub-subplot for one of my stories... moving on...

4 comments:

  1. if they're the charm bracelet type. Personally, I hate the pandora things, and I think they're hooooooorribly overpriced (especially for what you're getting). But then, I don't do charm bracelets of any kind...

    So just make sure you know your girl, first...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't do any kind of bracelets. Period. Because of the crazy-assed kid that stabbed you.

    Obviously a guy isn't going to buy a bracelet for someone with a phobia of having their wrists covered/touched. It'd be like buying a puppy for someone with a fear of dogs. Any guy that would do that is an idiot, or doesn't know you well enough, and therefore shouldn't be buying 'big' gifts for you anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wrist phobias aside though... lol, those pandora things, I just plain don't like them. Even if they were a necklace or something... *wrinkles nose* just not "me" or my style or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the whole gypsy syle jewellery you can get now. Anything slightly bold, I love. Bold but not tacky. Tacky is bad. Which is why I like the Pandora stuff. They take the old classic idea of charm bracelets but make them not look like charm bracelets.

    ReplyDelete