Saturday, May 22, 2010

083 - Demon In The Dark (Lush Review)


It's the green soap with the black skin.

Firstly, make sure to peel the wax off before you use it. That's the purple/black stuff. Why they use it, I don't know, and it's a bitch to peel off, but it has to be done.

If you like warming mint-ness, you will love this soap. It smells so damn good. It'll wake you up in the morning if that's what you're looking for. It makes your skin tingle too, which is a strange feeling, let me tell you...

If you really love the smell you can leave it on your desk, as the peppermint (and clove bud) is meant to stimulate the senses and the brain, and get those creative juices flowing. Strangely, my boyfriend could smell the clove bud more than the peppermint, and I was the opposite, but whichever way you get the whiff, it does the same thing: wakes you up and leaves you ready for the world.

Don't, however, use it right before going to sleep, unless you want pretty active dreams. That might just be me though.

Unfortunately, I think my skin just isn't suited for most Lush solid soap. Nearly every one I've tried dries my skin out. Though after I plough it with moisturiser you can tell it does at least leave the skin brighter and smoother. The dryness was definitely worth it for the smell. I'm a sucker for mint!

5 comments:

  1. they all dry out my skin too. Then again, ALL solid soaps seem to do that to me... I'm just stuck on gels/creams for the shower I think.

    I'm still in love with Olive Branch. I could smell that stuff all day every day and never get sick of it. I have a candle in the scent too haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried Olive Branch. :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. you.must.sniff.

    OMG. From the description, I totally thought it wasn't up my alley. But there's a candle maker here in TX that does a bunch of lush dupes, and I actually got one of her samples that's a dupe of Olive Branch and fell in LOOOOOOOOVE.

    oy. Best scent ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll sniff it but I'm not making any promises!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, I know but at least see. It's so yummy...

    ReplyDelete