Wednesday, May 26, 2010

087 - Best Gender Friends

Someone said to me yesterday, "If guys could have best friends that were girls, she'd be my best friend." It confused me as to what he was saying and I had him explain further. It was news to me that some guys feel they can't (or shouldn't?) have their best friend be female because it's a little bit, uh, camp. It really got me thinking.

Most of my closest friends are male. If I had to pick one best friend, I couldn't without saying my boyfriend is my best friend and having you all groan and throw up your breakfast. If I could pick, say, five best friends, I could. And only one of them is female.

Is it
different for a girl to have a guy best friend than a guy to have a girl best friend?

With that in mind, I wonder how many of my guy best friends would claim me as one of their best friends too. I know two have, for sure, but in fairness they're not the straightest of people.

Can big, butch, heterosexual men have female best friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment