Wednesday, May 12, 2010

073 - Manflu?

Early in the week I found out that the horrible housemate that makes living here unbearable changed his mind and is not moving out after all. So, I'm back to browsing letting websites to find somewhere else for me to live.

Today I thought I found it. I went to see a studio apartment in a beautiful, old abbey in a really nice part of the outer city. It was stunning from the outside. Huge gardens, massive buildings, black iron gates I had to throw my full weight against to get open... you get the idea. The area too is pretty. Full of old buildings and trees everywhere, and you can see the mountains. Inside, the rooms were really huge too. Pretty perfect. Why am I not moving in now? Because it's unfurnished. And I can't afford the furniture.

I tried getting in touch with another place I wanted to view, but didn't hear back until I was half way home. Why was that annoying? Because the place was just a few streets away, and from here it takes an hour and a half to get to the south side of the city. Garrrrrr.

So, I'm going to see that second place tomorrow (Thursday). And I have a cold. Or, rather, a giant throat infection and something that is quickly turning into a flu. I think it might even me manflu, because I can't stop complaining about it.

Oh, and I left my phone charger at my parents. The lovely Matt came to my rescue and bought (as in, volunteered to pick one up and then wouldnt take the money for it) a new one. He also bought me something else - something pretty - that makes him gosh darn awesomesauce, and it made my week a whole lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment