Monday, March 8, 2010

008 - Far, Far Away

"I'm like a kid at a Star Wars concert... oh, wait...!"


*****

Yesterday my awesome friend Matt took me to see Star Wars, In Concert. I know what you're thinking... and you're right. It really is that nerdy. And you know what? It's GREAT! I WANT TO GO AGAIN!!!

Lights, smoke, lasers, big screens, weird metal stage... what's not to love?

I can't remember seeing the original trilogy, and as far as I recall I've only seen one or two of the new ones, so apart from Episode III and Matt showing me Episode IV earlier in the week, I had no real clue what it was going to be like. As a lover of live performances and music, I was really excited to go. And it really was amazing. The music - and especially the choir - gave me goosebumps. While I wanted to see the other movies before I now really have to. I neeeeed to!

While an appreciation of the movies is probably necessary for most people for pay through the nose for a ticket (we got ours for free, sshh),anyone that loved orchestral music would love the concert. So, girls, if your fella wants to go and you don't want to do anything Star Wars-y, get over yourself and just go. You might actually like it. And you shouldn't deny any Star Wars fan the chance to see it, even if that fan is as half-arsed as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment