Thursday, March 18, 2010

018 - The F*ck It Philosophy

"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
- Abraham Lincoln


*****

Every time I try to live by the F*ck It Philosophy I only follow it until it works, then I forget about it and revert to my old ways.

For anyone really seriously interested in what I'm talking about, find a book called 'F**k It: The Ultimate Spiritual Way' by John Parkin. It basically tells you how letting go and saying "F*ck it" to things that bother us and stress us out too much and just take life for what it is. It says to just stop caring so much, because if you stop caring so much there's less of a chance to get hurt.

I know it sounds terrible, but it really does work.

Say there's something you're nervous about to the point of stress. Try saying f*ck it, letting go and just getting on with things, whether thats doing whatever it is you're nervous about or forgetting about doing it altogether. F*ck it.

It applies to relationships too, where if you stop freaking out over the little things that really don't matter, say f*ck it, take a deep breath, chill out and let it go. Realise it really doesn't matter. Even with the worst case scenario the world is not going to end. Life moves on and sooner or later it all works out, whether how we thought it would or not.

So this is me, saying f*ck it to whatever negativity comes my way and in turn I'll enjoy the good stuff, whatever and whenever that may be. Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment