Saturday, March 13, 2010

013 - Anatidaephobia?

"We just haven't been able to rent it because of the ducks. They scare the kids..."


*****

Over the course of the day I've been remembering strange and somewhat disturbing pieces of the dreams I had last night.

The first one I remembered, as it was the one I had right before I actually woke up, was a dream where I was still with one of my exes. Funnily enough, it was the ex that is still waiting for me to take him back. I woke up and thought 'why the HELL was he in my dream?!' and for the life of me, I really don't know. Maybe I saw some scary blond dude yesterday and it triggered something in my subconscious. And no, it wasn't a happy dream.

The second one I remembered this morning, before leaving the house. It was even stranger than the first. It was about my old college friend, Donna, and she was getting married (Donna is engaged and pregnant right now, but she had no bump in my dream). And she'd asked me to be a bridesmaid. There is no sound reason I should be dreaming of Donna (haven't really spoken to her that much in recent years) and there was definitely no reason I was her bridesmaid. The dress was strapless, salmon pink and had a black belt. And for some reason, Donna was floating about four foot higher than everyone else. Which if you think about it is kinda cute.

Anyway, the third and most disturbing dream I had forgotten about until just an hour ago. I was viewing an apartment to rent. The place was stunning, big, well decorated, all that jazz, and it was really cheap. I know this because I asked the letting agent why it was so cheap and she said it was because of the ducks. Right when she said it I pulled back the curtain on one of the windows and in true DUNDUNDUNNN fashion, there was a duck! Only, it was dead, looked like it had been chewed on or something, and had teeth. It was rolled up and stretched so it looked a bit like a rubber chicken, and was lodged up against the windowsill. There endeth the dream.

I don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment