Wednesday, March 24, 2010

024 - Smell Of Work

I was reminded yesterday of when my little sister and I were young and we would get a hug off one of our parents. Occasionally - say, if our dad was working in the garden - he would really stink of sweat, and when we would complain he would tell us off because it was 'the smell of work' we were complaining about. Even at the time I was not too convinced of what he was saying.

I've always had a sensitive nose. I'm usually first to notice when the toast is burning or when the dog has had an accident.

Why am I talking about this? Well, between then nasty sweaty guy that sat beside me on the bus, and one of my housemates that doesn't wash very often, and the frequent whiff of people passing on the street... sigh.

I just want to be able to tell people to wash, and to wear deodorant and not be afraid of using too much of it because if they stink there really is no such thing as too much.

If work smells like B.O. I'd rather lazy or plain old unemployed people in my personal space, any day of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment