Sunday, March 14, 2010

014 - ... huh??

"What the..."

*****

Has anyone heard about a mental hospital discharging all it's patients at once, say, today?

Dublin today was just... weird! Maybe it was the nice weather, or maybe it was Mother's Day that had all the nutcases out and about, but I can't remember ever seeing so many in one city at one time. And I've been in a fair few cities.

People with really weird paper hats; people dressed entirely in red (and I mean entirely); random guys talking to themselves; one dude that was standing on a manhole cover, hands out like he was balancing but staying perfectly still; a bunch of girls dressed in hotpants, leg warmers and string vests asking a guard for directions; the taxi driver whose car smelled like baby nappies... and that's just all I can remember.

Other than the typical weirdness I saw the same guy on two different buses I'd been on. He was giving me funny looks, but I reckon it could have been because I was staring. Not to mention the few instances that I thought I saw people I knew... but I actually didn't.


All in all, a very weird day, BUT I did go to Wagamamas for the first time ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment