Monday, March 15, 2010

015 - Like A Real One, Only Smaller

"Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?"

*****

I've come to the realisation that this daily blog is going to prove a little bit difficult. So I'm settling for one-per-day but not necessarily daily. So, if I miss one like I did yesterday I'll just catch up the day after. That's fair, right?

The funny thing is, I actually had something I wanted to blog about yesterday, and I was all ready to do it too until something came up. Now I can't remember what it was. I can't even remember where I was when I thought of it, so either it'll come back to me when I do it again, or it's gone forever. Oh dear... that could have been the best blog ever and now no one will ever know! The horror!!!

Anyway, yesterday was pretty productive. I stood in line for two hours at the welfare office to get my address changed and I should be able to get my unemployment allowance down here in Dublin instead of having to go up to my parents every single week. That's a very good thing.

I also joined the library, at last! It's great. It's the biggest library in the country. I knew this before going up there and I'm not sure what I was expecting but... well, ok, to be honest I was sort of expecting something huge, like Hogwarts library, but it wasn't all that impressive. Sure it was big, but it wasn't huge. I guess I'm still getting used to being in such a small city again. Everything that is big in comparison to the rest of Ireland really isn't all that compared to the rest of the world. We're a small, quaint little place really. The library though was pretty well stocked and had plenty of study cubicles so I might end up there now and again when I get back into my writing. I'm actually quite excited about the idea of it.

2 comments: